BA Comair, Kulula, Mango and South African Airways
The South African Civil Aviation Authority (SACAA) issued a notice last night advising a recall of certain aircraft following an oversight inspection conducted by SACAA at SAA’s maintenance subsidiary, South African Airways Technical (SAAT).
Until the necessary corrective action has been carried out, certain BA Comair, Kulula, Mango and SAA aircraft may not be flown.
All airlines have implemented contingency plans to ensure business continuity, but travellers are advised to expect flight delays today.
SOUTH AFRICAN AIRWAYS:
- SA 313 – JNB-CPT – combined and passengers to fly on SA 317
- SA 326 – CPT-JNB – combined and passengers to fly on SA 332
- SA 543 – JNB-DUR – cancelled and passengers to be accommodated on other flights
- SA 550 – DUR-JNB – cancelled and passengers to be accommodated on other flights
BRITISH AIRWAYS (OPERATED BY COMAIR):
- BA6406 – CPT-JNB – originally scheduled for 09h00, re-accommodated to BA6410 departing at 09h50
- BA6413- JNB-CPT – originally scheduled for 09h25, re-accommodated to BA6409 departing at 10h35
- BA6414 – CPT-JNB – originally scheduled for 12h20, re-accommodated to BA6412 departing at 13h25
The flight changes above cover all affected flights departing from 09h00 this morning. We will send updates as we receive them during the course of today.