A dream destination…
As we celebrate Belvidere Manor’s 30th Anniversary this year, we are proud to have been at the helm for 23 of those years. Before the busy summer season kicks in, we wanted to take this opportunity to share our famous Belvidere history with you, where we are today and why three decades later, our beautiful Knysna retreat is still a dream destination.
Thank you for being part of our Journey
Sue & Mike Mills & team
A little bit of Belvidere history….
From the vision of Thomas Duthie in 1849 to the beautiful estate that was the brainchild of Gray Rutherford in 1985, Belvidere Manor is now one of Knysna’s premier destinations. When the hotel opened its doors in September 1989 the beautifully restored Belvidere House regained its position as grand dame of this estate.
Now, surrounding the house, 34 free-standing cottages all echo the simple Cape Georgian architecture where hotel guests can relish their own space and relaxed living, whilst enjoying the full service that Belvidere Manor Hotel offers. Beyond the hotel’s border the exclusive residential estate once again reflects that simple whitewashed architecture throughout the 260 homes overlooking Knysna’s sparkling lagoon.
Set on the edge of Kynsna’s famous lagoon, Belvidere Manor is the perfect Garden Route base. Relax by the swimming pool or retreat to the secluded comfort of your own Cape Style cottage, offering 1, 2 or 3 bedrooms, lounge and fitted kitchen. Enjoy all the services of a 4-star hotel combined with the benefits of independent living..
What to do at Belvidere…..
WINE & DINE
The Bell Tavern – Open from 8am until late. Pub-style menu, Mitchells craft beer on tap, local wines and spirits.
Caroline’s – Situated in the Belvidere House dining-room and serving a casual a la carte menu.
Meetings – The Duthie Room can host up to 50 delegates for meetings, conferences, product launches, etc. on a daily or overnight basis.
Weddings – Belvidere Manor offers a garden wedding venue for up to 80 guests
ACTIVITIES – on the property
- Swimming Pool (15 x 6m) unheated
- Tennis & Boule courts
- Boat cruise
- Nature walks
Holistic Therapies (on request)
Activities in surrounding area….
- Featherbed Nature Reserve
- Pristine wide sandy beaches
- Golf – 5 courses within 45 mins drive.
- Preferred golf rates offered at Pezula Golf Club. Pre-booking recommended.
- Forest walks – guided or alone
- Guided bike tours
- Wine tasting
- Hiking & Mountain bike trails
- Scuba diving & Canoe hire
- Surfing & Stand-up Paddleboard hire
- Lawn bowls & Squash courts
- Horse riding
- Whale watching and scenic boat trips
- Garden watered from 5x rainwater tanks.
- Paper/glass/food waste separated for recycling.
- Low usage globes and/or LED lights installed throughout.
- Belvidere supports a disadvantaged community in Rheenendal close to Knysna, Knysna Sedgefield Hospice, the Knysna & District Pipe Band, NSRI and is a member of StreetSmartSA, an organisation helping to rehabilitate street children.
Belvidere Birthday Special
In honour of our special 30 year anniversary – for all NEW bookings for stays between 1 and 30 September 2019 – We are offering a 30% discount off of B&B Rates.
Please quote ” ANN96″ to qualify for the 30% discount.
Terms & conditions apply!
How to find us…
- Nearest Town: Knysna 9 kms
- Nearest Cities: Port Elizabeth 260 kms | Cape Town 480 kms
- Nearest Airport: George 75 kms
Transfers prices available on request.