The Republic of Zimbabwe is a landlocked country in southern Africa
Reasons for Visiting Zimbabwe:
Zimbabwe is home to the magnificent Victoria Falls, with other attractions including Lake Kariba, a huge inland sea with a wealth of wildlife around its shores; and Hwange National Park, a world renowned conservation area. Zimbabwe has been called ‘Africa’s Paradise.
Zimbabwe Entry and Visa Requirements:
– A valid acceptable passport or travel document good for a sufficient period to cover your intended stay.
– A valid visa.
– Sufficient funds.
– A return or onward ticket.
– At least two blank pages in your passport.
Population in Zimbabwe:
12, 462, 879
Summer: October to April
Winter: May to September
JAN FEB MAR APR MAY JUN JUL AUG SEP OCT NOV DEC
MAX: 29.7°C 29.4°C 29.7°C 29.2°C 27.4°C 25.0°C 24.8°C 27.8°C 31.8°C 33.4°C 32.4°C 30.2°C
MIN: 18.2°C 17.9°C 17.0°C 13.9C 9.4°C 6.3°C 5.6°C 8.2°C 12.8°C 17.0°C 18.2°C 18.1°C
RAINFALL: 97.6mm 126.3mm 69.8mm 24.2mm 2.9mm 0.6mm 0mm 0.3mm 1.9mm 26.6mm 63.6mm 94.9mm
Best Time to Visit:
The best time to visit Victoria Falls is after the rainy season (April and May). The spray may obscure your view slightly.
At the end of the dry season (October to December), the water levels are low, and you can sit in a rock pool and cautiously peer over the edge.
For high adventure enthusiasts, the best time to go whitewater rafting is when the waters of the Zambezi River are low (generally from August to December).
Local Language – Shona and Ndebele
Official Language – English
60 to 70% Christian
Remainder include Greek Orthodoxy, Judaism, and traditional indigenous religions
The Zimbabwean dollar is no longer in active use after it was officially suspended by the government due to hyperinflation.
The United States Dollar, South African Rand, Botswanan Pula, Pound Sterling, and Euro are now used instead.
The US Dollar has been adopted as the official currency for all government transactions with the new power-sharing regime.
Tipping indicates appreciation for good service
Tipping is widely practiced in Zimbabwe. Here is some information of Zimbabwe tipping.
– 10% in restaurants
– About USD 1.00 for hotel porters.
– Cleaners and maids in hotels and other accommodation establishments usually get between USD 1.00 and USD 2.00 per day.
– During your trip it is likely that you will come into contact with tour guides, game rangers and trackers who depend largely on their tips for their income. Tipping in this instance ranges between USD 5.00 and USD 10.00 per person per day.
Zimbabwe has many different cultures which may include beliefs and ceremonies, one of them being Shona. Zimbabwe’s largest ethnic group is Shona. The Shona people have many sculptures and carvings of gods (idols) which are made with the finest materials available.